Punjab University Jobs for Professor, Lecturer, Associate Professor etc
Punjab University Jobs 2019 Pu.edu.pk for Professor, Lecturer
PROFESSOR (PAY PACKAGE BS-21/TTS) (APPLY ONLINE)
Job Type: PROFESSOR (PAY PACKAGE BS-21/TTS) (APPLY ONLINE)
ADVERTISEMENT NO. 1/2019
APPLY ONLINE (APPLICATIONS OTHER THAN ON-LINE SHALL NOT BE ACCEPTED)
Applications are invited from highly accomplished, dynamic, qualified and motivated Pakistani Nationals for the following posts for appointment under Basic Scale (BS)/Tenure Track System (TTS). HEC eligibility criteria shall be observed in all the subjects/disciplines for the appointment of Professor, Associate Professor, Assistant Professor, and Lecturer, which are available on HEC/Punjab University Website.
1 PROFESSOR (PAY PACKAGE BS-21/TTS) (APPLY ONLINE)– 15-10-2019 Open
2 ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR (PAY PACKAGE BS-20/TTS) (APPLY ONLINE)– 15-10-2019 Open
4 Treasurer (BS-20) (Apply by Download Form)– 16-09-2019 Open
5 ASSISTANT PROFESSOR (PACKAGE BS-19/TTS) (APPLY ONLINE)– 15-09-2019 Open
6 LECTURER (PACKAGE BS-18) (APPLY ONLINE)– 15-09-2019 Open
7 Visiting Faculty – Institute of Social & Cultural Studies– 27-08-2019 Open
Punjab University Jobs 2019 Pu.edu.pk for Professor, Lecturer
1.Apply on-line (Applications other than On-line shall not be accepted by the University)
2. Candidates are advised to read all terms and conditions and instructions of the Advertisement carefully in order to submit their online applications complete in all respects.
3. The onus/responsibility of correctness of the data given in the on-line application will rest absolutely on the candidate.
4. Candidates should fill the Online Form carefully in the light of the Guidelines and Instructions mentioned in the Advertisement for the said post.
5. The candidates are advised to submit only their personal valid E-mail address and personal mobile number at the time of submission of their online application.
6. Candidates shall not be allowed to apply after Closing Date fixed for receipt of applications, in any case.
7. Candidates applying under both systems BS as well as TTS should submit separate applications along with complete documents together with required fee for each application.
8. The Candidates are required to ensure that:
a.No column of Web-generated Application Form is left blank.
b.Candidates for all posts are required to submit one hard copy (duly signed) of Online Application Form along with attested copies of degrees / certificates / testimonials / photograph (1×1) and including first page of each research paper showing name of journal, title of research paper, Name of author, Name of Publisher and ISSN Number etc.
c.Candidates for the posts of Professor and Associate Professor are also required to submit one soft copy of Online Application Form along with attested copies of degrees/certificates/testimonials/ photograph (1×1) and complete research papers in a Pdf file on a CD/DVD, in addition to hard copy.
d.The size of the Pdf file should not exceed 10 MB. If the size of the Pdf file exceeds 10 MB the candidate must split the file into different volumes.
e.The candidates applying under TTS must fill the proforma for grant of advance increments available at the University website www.pu.edu.pk/downloads. (If he/she has never opted TTS anywhere else).
9. In case the Candidate is a Government Servant, a Departmental Permission Certificate/ NOC issued by the Competent Authority of the concerned Department is required to be produced along with a hard copy of application form. Any application without Departmental Permission Certificate/ NOC shall be rejected.
10.If the candidate who has applied after taking NOC from his parent department/ Institution/ University and got selected in any other department/ Institution/ University during the process of selection, he/she would be required to send immediately a NOC from the new employer, failing which the application will be rejected ab-initio.
11. The age, qualification, experience, other credentials and research papers of the candidates prescribed in the relevant Service Rules and Advertisement should be completed in all respects on or before the Closing Date fixed for such post(s).
Punjab University Jobs 2019 Pu.edu.pk for Professor, Lecturer.
12. The prescribed educational qualifications and valid registration with PEC/ PMDC/ PNC and such other institutions where applicable must have been acquired on or before the closing date for submission of applications.
13. Applications of candidates, whose result is not officially announced by the Controller of Examination of a Board/ University on or before the closing date, shall not be considered.
14.Ph.D. degree holder will not be considered for Assistant Professor under the BS system. However, Punjab University in-service (regular/permanent) Ph. D teachers may apply on BS (if the post is advertised for BS/TTS).
15. Instructions issued by the Higher Education Commission or University from time to time shall be followed in true letter and spirit.
16. All HEC rules in letter & spirit for TTS version 2.0 & BS shall be applicable.
17.Candidates who are applying on TTS and hold Ph.D. degree from Pakistan their Ph. D thesis must have been evaluated by two foreign Experts as per HEC guidelines for the award of a Ph.D. degree. In case of the foreign evaluation was not done then the candidate must provide evidence of two publications in Journals recognized by the HEC for the purpose of Tenure Track appointment.
18. In case any information provided by the Candidate in his/her application form is found to be incorrect or false at any stage, he/she will be disqualified and action will be taken under the Rules.
19. Incomplete applications (in any case) shall not be entertained.
20. In the case of Assistant Professor/Lecturer, only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview.
21. The University reserves the rights to increase/decrees the number of posts (s), not to fill/withdraw any post(s), withhold the appointment against any advertised post(s) without assigning any reason.
22. The hard copies of on-line application form (complete in all respect) along with soft copy on CD/DVD should reach in the office of the Registrar (Human Resource Branch, Admin. Block, Room No.19), University of the Punjab (Quaid-i-Azam Campus), Lahore within ten days of the closing date of advertisement through registered mail. No application shall be received by hand.
Punjab University Jobs 2019 Pu.edu.pk for Professor, Lecturer
23. It is mandatory for Candidates to deposit the fee as required in the Advertisement in any Branch of HBL or UBL.
24. The fee must be deposited on the prescribed challan form to be generated on-line and original Receipt must be provided along with a hard copy of application form.
25. Candidates applying for the post of Professor/Associate Professors under BS/TTS are required to deposit an amount of Rs.3000/=
Candidates applying for the posts of Assistant Professors/Lecturers/Research Officer under BS/TTS and other posts are required to deposit an amount of Rs.1500/=
27.No Bank Draft or Pay Order or Cheque or any such instrument will be accepted as fee by the University.
28. The University shall accept degrees/certificates/diplomas of those Foreign Universities only which have been recognized by Higher Education Commission (HEC) of Pakistan, Pakistan Medical & Dental Council (PMDC), Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC), Pakistan Nursing Council (PNC), Inter Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC) or any other Competent Agency/Authority.
29. Foreign degree holders must provide equivalence certificate issued by the HEC along with application form.
30. Condition of Master’s (foreign) mentioned in the HEC Minimum Eligibility Conditions for the appointment of Faculty at HEIs/DAIs means Master’s degree awarded by the chartered foreign University for which HEC has granted its equivalence with Pakistan’s MS/MPhil or 18 years of education.
31. The equivalence of foreign and local academic qualifications as laid down by the Higher Education Commission (HEC) of Pakistan, Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC) or other Competent Authority shall be accepted only.
32. In case a candidate claims that his/her qualification is equivalent to the prescribed qualification, he/she will be required to submit equivalence of his/her qualification issued by the Competent Authority before closing date or during the period as extended for the purpose by University.
33. If a candidate fails to submit Equivalence Certificate issued by the Competent Authority before closing date or whenever asked by the University, his/her candidature shall be canceled.
34. Candidates who claim equivalence of a foreign/ domestic degree with the prescribed educational qualifications of post, must at the time of submission of requisite documents, enclose certificate/proof of such equivalence of degrees/diplomas/certificates issued by the competent authority e.g. Higher Education Commission/Pakistan Engineering Council/Pakistan Council of Architects & Town Planners /Pakistan Nursing Council/Pakistan Medical and Dental Council/Inter Board Committee, along with their translation in Urdu/English. Otherwise, their applications will be liable to rejection, and no subsequent claim on this account will be accepted by the University.
EXPERIENCE WHERE SO REQUIRED/ MANDATORY)
35. For the purpose of counting of experience of the candidates, the following criteria will be applied:-
36. The experience was required for determination of eligibility for a post, a candidate shall have to produce documentary evidence in support of his/her claim.
37. Experience of Government Service shall only be accepted if the Certificate is issued by the concerned Appointing Authority/Person Authorized to do so.
38. Experience in private entities shall be accepted only if such entity is registered with SECP, Registrar of Firms or any other Regulatory Authority.
39. Only that particular/professional experience shall be considered which has been acquired in the relevant area while working in Public Sector or recognized institutions in the Private Sector.
40. Experience certificate in respect of Contract, Current Charge, Acting Charge, and Ad-hoc Appointment, issued by the Appointing Authority under the rules shall be accepted.
41. In the case where Experience is a Pre-requisite, it shall be counted only post qualification experience, if not otherwise prescribed.
42. Experience in a general specialty/subject shall not be considered relevant as experience in a specific specialty/subject prescribed for a post.
43.Research/ professional experience means the actual period spent on conducting research in the area of specialty or in the area of profession relevant to the post applied for:-
a. The actual duration of the Ph.D. program up to 4 years and the actual duration of the post-doc program shall be counted as research experience.
b.The period spent on study leave shall be counted as research / professional experience if the area of study is relevant to the post applied for.
44. Post qualification experience’ means the experience gained in a regular full time paid job including experience of contract services and that of the on-job training subject to its relevancy acquired after attaining the requisite/ minimum advertised qualifications.
45. The experience as part-time, honorary/ self-employed and apprentice/ internee will not be considered/ counted as experience.
46. Experience from Firms/ Companies/ Institutions/ Organizations/ Banks/ NGOs etc. will be accepted if these are well known nationally or internationally, have appropriately been registered/ incorporated with concerned government department/ institution for doing business, maintain office (s) and have proper registration number/ reference number, where applicable.
RESEARCH PAPERS (WHERE SO REQUIRED/MANDATORY)
47. Research papers which have been published in a journal enlisted by Higher Education Commission (HEC) shall be accepted only.
48. International Journals having an impact factor of ISI and listed in the Journal Citation Report (JCR) of the Institute for Scientific Information (ISI) would only be considered as HEC recognized International journals.
49. The University shall not accept research papers of a candidate which have been published in any journal after the Closing Date for receipt of applications for the advertised post. Research Papers under publications shall also not be acceptable.
50. Review articles, case-studies, translations, briefs, presentations in conferences, short communication, etc. shall not be admissible as professional/ original research papers.
51. Utilization and validity of categories of journals (w, x, y, z) shall be applicable as per HEC guidelines.
52. For TTS appointments research papers published in Journals that fall under the category W, X and Y will be acceptable for Social Sciences and for Science disciplines papers published in W category (Impact Factor) Journals only shall be acceptable.
INTERVIEW CALL-UP LETTER
53. Schedule of Interviews for the said posts will be uploaded on the website of the University.
54. Candidates can download their Call-up-letter and Information about Date, Time and Venue of Interview