Pakistan International Airlines Karachi Jobs January 2019 For Chief Executive Officer
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Pakistan International Airlines, the national airline of Pakistan, is implementing its focused revival strategy to steer the company on path of growth and success.
The airline requires a highly experienced, dynamic and passionate professional with strong operational, financial and commercial acumen to be hired as a full time Chief Executive Officer (CEO) on contract basis for a period of three years. The Chief Executive Officer position shall be the focal position to implement the turnaround strategy for the national carrier.
The ideal candidate is required to share a passion for reshaping PIA and bring it to stand in the league of major national airlines. The selected person shall be required to develop and lead a major Change Management Program to address PIACL’s financial, operational, commercial and cultural turn-around, including guiding and motivating its people to deliver their best performance, as a team.
The successful candidate will also be expected to have excellent people management and communication skills with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Possess, at least, a Master’s degree from a well-reputed institute and recognized by the HEC, related to Science, Engineering, War Course, Shipping, Naval, Aviation or Military operations and related disciplines, OR
- Be a Chartered Accountant, OR
Ill. Be a recognized business or professional with a Postgraduate degree in Business Administration or Public Administration of Finance or Commerce or Marketing or Banking OR equivalent from any institute recognized by the HEC
- WORK EXPERIENCE:
Minimum 25 years of working experience preferable in aviation sector/including aircraft operations/aircraft acquisition! aircraft sales, induction & upgrade/ in reputable airline /aviation organization with minimum of 10 years’ experience in a senior management position in relevant professional areas inter-alia, Science, Technology, Finance, Law, Business, Social Sciences etc.
- AGE: between 48 and 62 years on 1st January, 2019
- Officers presently working in service of Pakistan may also apply through proper channel. In case of selection for the appointment, the officer shall have the right to retain his/her lien with the Parent department
- SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Proven hands on experience of dealing with major stakeholders including government, regulators, external authorities, other third parties and bodies, such as aircraft’ OEMs and personnel of various specialties.
- Proven ability to effectively lead and inspire large / diverse teams
- Ability to think strategically and set strategic direction
- Strong operational and business acumen
- Effective Communicator who is able to communicate at all levels-from ministerial level to staff cadre.
- Ability to solve problems and make effective decisions even when under pressure
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain professional relationships/network
- Customer centric with a passion for service excellence
- Resilient individual and able to work under pressure
- Proven track record of honesty, integrity and strong work ethic.
- JOB DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Envision, lead and encourage the efforts of entire organization towards achieving overall business objectives. Responsible for devising corporate strategies, formulating growth plans and ensuring maximum utilization of available resources.
- Laying a foundation to achieve long term benefits through strategic policy making and continuous improvement for future development of organization. Ensure that the objectives of the organization, as agreed by the board, are fully, promptly and properly implemented.
- Shaping organizational activities and utilizing full potential of all employees to attain highest standards of service at all levels. Creating a congenial and user friendly work environment for all employees of the organization.
- Fostering a cufture of employee best practices, work ethics and zero tolerance for corruption. Aligning established policies, procedures and work practices to achieve effectiveness and efficiency in all areas.
- Allocation of funds / capital to organizations priorities and ensure that the necessary financial and operational data are made available for the annual report and its external audit.
- OPERATIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish roles for the top layer of the organization covering duties, responsibilities and recourses. Develop a skilled and capable top management team. Develop and implement a strategy to attract and retain existing and potential business. Propose long term operational growth plans covering the development of routes, fleet, major facilities and revenue.
- Indoctrinate systems leading to the production of detailed plans and allocated budgets for business units and supporting functions that are required throughout the network.
- To be fully aware of all safety and service quality requirements and to be responsible for the outcomes and findings of all internal & external safety/quality audits.
- To ensure effective functioning of HSEQ Steering and Working Committees. Assume responsibility for recording and reporting of all occupational hazards, accidents, incidents, near miss cases to the concerned agencies as per the Management approved system procedures.
- EXTERNAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and maintain the reputation and image of the corporation in official, financial and public circles and represent PIACL at official functions. Also develop and maintain relationships with interfacing government departments, Civil Aviation Authority and other international and domestic organizations/agencies at senior management level for obtaining bilateral agreements and other facilities/services.
- Ensure adequate representation at International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) and International Air Transport Association (IATA) meetings. Ensure that PIACL interests are appropriately represented on the platforms of joint venture or subsidiary companies and high image of PIACL at all media forum.
- PAY PACKAGE:
- Successful candidate will be offered market based salary and fringe benefits.
- The selected candidates will be given employment on contract basis for a period of three (3) years, which may be extended.
- The applicant shall be required to complete and sign Application Form (available on PIA website) along with copies of the degrees / testimonials duly verified by the Higher Education Commission or the professional body or association, whichever is relevant.
- The applicant shall also submit a declaration on a non-judicial stamp paper of requisite value (available on PIA website) that he is not ineligible to be appointed as a Chief Executive, in accordance with the provision of the ordinance and the rules.
Applications are invited on the prescribed FORM available (free of Cost) from the PIA Recruitment & Placement Office at Karachi, and from other PIA Offices in different stations besides being available on PIA’s website: www.piac.aero/careers
Interested candidates should send their application forms along with the said declaration, verified photocopies of educational / professional qualifications, experience certificates, national identity card and 02 recent passport size photographs through courier to the following address not later than 23rd January, 2019
PIACI is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
MANAGER RECRUITMENT & PLACEMENT,
NEAR PIA TRAINING CENTER. KARACHI AIRPORT 75200.
Email: email@example.com Contact No. 021-99044295
Paklstan lnt Alrllns /OfficIaI PtA UAN:OO-92-21-1 11-786-786