NUMS NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF MEDICAL SCIENCES
Entry Test (NUMS-MDCAT) for MBBS/BDS-2019
1. National University of Medical Sciences (NUMS) has been declared as Admitting University to conduct entry test for admission, for the session 2019-20 In the Military Medical and Dental constituent and affiliated Colleges that are attached with Military Teaching Hospitals, on the directive of the Ministry of National Health Services Regulations and Coordination on Sunday. 1 September 2019 vide Mb NHSR 8 C notification No. F.6-121201 5-PM8DCNHSR&C dated 18’ July 2019.
2. It is mandatory for candidates to appear in NUMS-MDCAT for admission toArmy Medical College Rawalpindi.
4. Choice of the Centre:
The candidate can select any one of the above-mentioned cities. The candidates are advised for their own convenience to choose a city nearest to their residence
5. Basic Qualification and Eligibility
a The candidates having valid citizenship of Pakistan (and indoring citizenship of AJ&K I Git Baltistan) and Dual Nabonal)overseas Pakistanis can appear in NUMS-MDCAT
b. As per Admission Regulation-2018 ci’ Pakistan Medical and Dental Council (as amended on 30” May 2019), a candidate must have passed intermediate/HSSC Pre-Medical Group o Equivalent Examination (e.g., AL evel,lr Grade, etc) with minimum 70% marks. However, those awaiting result can also apply.
c. Mere appearance in NUMSIMDCAT does not confer the right to apply for or dam admission to any me&, al/dental institution
d. Candidates of O&A level or equivalent cjalificabon. must have equivalence certificate from Inter Board Committee of Chairmen (18CC) olce
Note: NUMS-MDCAT is mandatory for admission in Army Medical College, Rawalpindi. whereas entry test conducted by any provinciailregional admitting university will be applicable for admission in private medical and dental institutions, all over Pakistan under PMDC regulations 2018 (as amended on 3Ø May 2019)
I 6. How to apply:
a All candidates must visit NUMS \bsite www.numspak.edu.pk for details ofNUMS-MDCAT 2019” and fill the application form Please apply using a laptop or Desktop but not mobile phone
b. Candidate can submit iislher application by clicking the submit button.
c. Upon successful submission of application, the candidate will be able to print NUMS-MDCAT 2019 fee challan
d The Candidate Is required to visit the nearest branch of Habib Bank Ltd. (countrywide) to deposit Entry Test Fee and send the paid “NUMS Copy” of fee chalian to NTS at Plot No. 96, Street No. 4. Sector H-8/1, Islamabad before 20 August 2019.
8. Syllabus of NUMS-MDCAT 2019:
The syllabus of NUMS-MDCAT 2019 shall be available on NUMS Website; www.numspak.edu.pk. The candidates are advised to prepare for the test according to this syllabus from their own textbooks. They are cautioned against commercial courses being offered by various academies for preparation of NUMS-MDCAT
9. The Pattern of NUMS-MDCAT 2019:
a. Passing Marks of NUMS-MDCAT will be 60% (1201200)
b. NUMS-MDCAT shall comprise a single question paper containing 200 multiple choice questions (MCQs) divided into the following four (04) sections: Biology = 80 MCQs, Chemistry = 60 MCQs, Physics = 40 MCQs and English = 20 MCQs.
c. The duration of the test shall be 150 minutes (2&1!2 hours) and the total marks shall be 200. There shall be No Negative Marking in the test.
d. Additional details and guidelines regarding filling of Answer Sheets are available at www.nts.org.pk.
e. There shall be question papers of different codes in which the sequence of questions and their responses shall be different from one another. The questions, however, shall be the same.
Self-Scoring System (SSS):
The candidates will be required to mark their answers on a double sheeted Response Form. The candidate will mark answers on the upper colored sheet which will be automatically transferred on the lower, carbonized sheet. At the end of the Test, the upper sheet will be collected by the invigilation staff whereas the candidate will be allowed to take the lower carbonized sheet with him/her.
The University will display the answer keys to the question papers of all the codes on its website www1numspk,edu.pk. on the next working day.
Once the keys are released, the candidates can calculate their score themselves on the carbonized copy of Response Form with the help of concerned key.
The official result of the Test shall be declared by the University as soon as possible. It shall be displayed on the university website www.numspak.edu.pk.
- Important Instructions: The candidates must reach their respective centers at-least one hour before the commencement of the test on Sunday, 1 September 2019 (i.e. by 09: 00 AM). The centers will be sealed I closed at 09:1 5 AM. The candidates must bring following with them on the test day:
(1) Print out, Admit Card.
(2) Original Passport I CNIC I NICOP I POCI Smart card for Juvenile or Original NADRA token slip I Form ‘B’ with any Valid Government document having photographs.
(3) A clean, hard Clip Board without any marks or written material.
(4) Two good quality Blue ballpoint pens (Not Pencils, Pointers or Markers).
- Candidates who do not send a paid copy of the challan of test Fee, will not be called for the test.
- Candidates who do not fill up the application form correctly (fabricated 70% or above of HSSC marks), their result will not be announced.
Note: The candidate who fails to bring Original CNIC/NICOP/POC/Passport, smart card for Juvenile and print-out of his/her Admit Card shall not be allowed to appear in the test.
For more information, visit www.numspak.edu.pk
Phone: 051.9270686, 0519270677,051.9271877, Email: admissions2Ol firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal Address: Admissions Office, NUMS Secretariat C/O Military Hospital,
The Mall, Rawalpindi, Pakistan.
NTS will dispatch Roll No Slips to all the eligible candidates through the higher email address and will inform Roll No and center of the test by SMS NTS will upload Admit Card on its Website and candidates are required to take the print of Admit Card
• The Mobile Numbers, E-mail and Mailing address provided in the online Application Form should be entered correctly and it should be functional in all respec as the SMS. E-mail aler allotted Roll Numbers and Examination Centers shall be sent to these mobile numbers and E-mail
• Entry Test Fee is nonrefundable and non-transferable
Schedule of NUMS-MDCAT 2019
Description of MBBS/BDS
Online Registration for Entry Test Starts Monday 29 July 2019
Last date for online registration for Entry test Monday. 19 August 2019, 4 pm.
Entry Test Date Saturday, 1 September 2019
Entry Test Processing Fee – Rs3000/-
entry test preparation mcqs