GCU Admissions-GCUF Student Portal Descriptions
1. All genders having domicile of Punjab are eligible for admission.GCU Admissions-GCUF Student Portal-Government College University Faisalabad.
2. The candidates shall be eligible to apply for admission, who have:
a. At least 45% marks in terminal degree.GCU Admissions-GCUF Student Portal-Government College University Faisalabad.
b. At least 45% marks in the major subject in which admission is being sought (where applicable) i.e. Applied Linguistics, Applied Psychology, Botany, Chemistry, Economics, English, Applied Chemistry, Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics. Statistics and Zoology.
3. The candidates who have passed BA/BSc /B.Com or equivalent examination in 2019 and 2018 will be considered for admission in morning programs. In the case of evening programs, the candidates of earlier sessions will be considered by deducting 10 marks for each year.
4. Maximum age limit is 28 years on the last date of receipt of applications.
5. Age relaxation shall be granted in special cases by the Competent Authority for up to 2 years.
6. For the evening program age limit is 35 years of age & plus 2 years relaxation in exceptional cases subject to the availability of the seat by the Competent Authority.
7. The admission will be granted on open merit on the basis of the following formula:
a. Total marks in BA/BSc/B.Com/Equivalent, in case of variation total marks, will be converted out of 800 + marks obtained in the major subject (where applicable). However, Hafiz-e-Quran will be given an additional 20 marks.
Total marks in BA/BScJB.Com or equivalent +20 marks for Hafiz-e-Quran’.
Note: Disable candidates will have to provide a disability certificate from the Social Security Department in
Masters program also.
c. Criteria for B.Ed. will be as under:
After M.AIM.Sc/BS (04 Year)
8. Besides the open merit, the candidates may apply against the reserved seats for different programs as explained below:
a. For Morning Programs
Besides the open merit, the candidates may apply against the reserved seats i.e. 2% seats for sports, 2% seat for disabled, 2% seats for children of university employees (1% for teaching and 1% for none Teaching), 5% seats for Gilgit & Baluchistan and Baluchistan, 2% seat for co-curricular activities and 5% seats for overseas Pakistanis. However, there will be no sports quota and curriculum quota in MPA.
b. For Evening Programmes
Besides the open merit, the candidates may apply against the reserved seats i.e. 2% seats for children of university employees (1% for teaching and 1% for none Teaching).
who have played at Board Level/ University level Minion on the all reserved/quota seats will be completed by the specified (a) in accordance with the harmony rules for reserved seats.
GCU Admissions-GCUF Student Portal-Government College University Faisalabad.
Admission Processing fee Rs. 700/-
Test Fee for M.PhiI and Ph.D. Rs. 500/-
• University Information Cell! Advanced Studies 0419200431, 0419200886
Applications will be submitted online and details about Admission Process, test/interview &
prospectus availability is given on the University website http://gcuf.edu.pk/admission
Hand-written applications will not be received/entertained.
Government College University, Faisalabad
Last Date: August-27-2019
For Admission Queries only Regular Student, Please Contact: 041-9200600, firstname.lastname@example.org
Note:– In pursuance of the directions of the Government of the Punjab 1% seats (01 seats) reserved for disabled persons in each program. However; the candidates should meet minimum eligibility criteria to apply.
For admission in MS/M. Phil CAT type departmental test with minimum 60% marks and for admission in Ph.D. program departmental subject test/GRE subject test or HAT Scholarship test with minimum 70% marks is mandatory.
Candidates working in the Government / Semi-Government or private institutions shall have to submit “No Objection Certificate” from the concerned organizations before applying for admission in M.Phil Ph.D. programs.